Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Life is precious

So I've been told throughout my entire life "life is short, appreciate every minute of it". "Don't ever wish to grow up, enjoy every moment of every year", etc. You've heard it Im sure. Appreciate life, cherish each moment, live today as if its your last, blah, blah, blah. I get it.
 
But as you know, things happen that shake us up. Get our wheels turning, then all of a sudden everything we've been told comes into play. We start really thinking and understanding everything we've been told about life.

I appreciate life. I understand that it really is short. Life can be taken away in a second. Crazy if you stop and really think about it. I mean life, YOUR life, your friends and family, strangers....it,life, can be taken AWAY in a second. Unbelievable. However, we can't forget that we're human. We're not perfect. Though we say and try to appreciate each day, sometimes we don't. Sometimes we forget. Especially when your world is surrounded by whatever chaos is happening at the moment. And ya, know what.....that's Ok. Remember, we're human not machines. We have flaws. The important thing is to realize those days, take a deep breath, look around, and know that even though today may not be the one your necessarily appreciative of, just think. You could not even be experiencing a day at all. Get my drift?

Whether today is good, bad, ok, and everything in between, try to find that place way down deep inside to admire the fact that you're alive and today is just what it is...."today". Because ya know, once today is over, it's over for good. You'll never have a repeat of today. You'll never experience this day again. So try to find some joy in it if you can.

Right now, I'm getting a late start. I'm about to get ready and try to seize the day. I mean why not? I'm here, I'm alive, and might as well just enjoy. Whatever the day brings for me, it will bring. The cool thing is, I'm ready for it. I'm "expecting the unexpected". Now, that's my philosophy, what's yours? Make today unique. How you ask? Well folks, I'm leaving that up to you. You have the power to do what you want with today....so, make the most if it. I know I will :)

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment