Friday, September 13, 2013

Music is my muse

Before I get going, happy Friday the 13! Remember, "life is just a bowl of cherries".


Now, let's get started. 

So, it's Friday, not to bad. Right now I have my head phones on listing to some music that is sending me down memory lane. 

I love music. Who doesnt? I can't really play an instrument (other then a couple of melodies and scales on the trumpet) , but boy do I appreciate music. Have you ever heard a song that just speaks to you? You know, that perfect song that brings out a certain emotion? Whatever it is, it's special because it hits you in a way like non other. 

Music has a specific sort of therapy that has this effect on  you that you just can't describe. Sometimes, when you need a release, a boost, a break, etc, it's nice to know that music is a great outlet for that.

Confrintation is something I'm not the best at, or for that matter, is something I prefer to steer clear of. Granted, it does come up from time to time, but again, it's not my favorite thing. Its funny though, it seems as if whenever a bad or hard time presents itself, there's always some song going on in the background that is depicting exactly what is going on. I'm sure I'm not the only one this has happened to. It's as if somebody is playing a soundtrack for my life, and we've now gotten to this specific moment. Weird....

However, when you have those larger then life days, again,  somewhere in the background, or on the radio, or wherever YOUR perfect song is playing. And once again, it gives you that emotional boost you so desperately wanted. 

The same goes for sights, smells, touch, and all your other senses They all have different emotional effects. Though the ability to listen to the music we want, well, that's definitely something to cherish. 

On this freaky Friday, I suggest at some point today, find that song, that sound, you so admire and desire, find the right time, stop and listen to it, and let your self enjoy. You deserve it.

Nicole




No comments:

Post a Comment