Thursday, January 5, 2017

You want it? Then go get it 😊


2016, 2016, I had high hopes and then they took leave. No worries now, for it's a new year. Am I ready to make it happen? Absolutely my dear!

New Year's resolutions, we all have them. We want and wish and declare...then the year gets rolling, and well, you know the rest. Let's be realistic,  50% stick to their intentions, and the other 50% go back to bad habits. It's just the nature of the beast. For 2017, I have my own goals and intentions, but now it's a matter of sticking to them and trying not to slip.

I have a friend of mine who lives in California, Julie Turner http://www.julieturnermovement.com/,  she has come up with this type of rehab fitness. She uses physical rehabilitation through fitness and uses a combination of dance, Pilates, rehab fitness, myo-fascia release, and Reiki. In other words, she knows her stuff. We've been Skypeing back and forth for the last year and half. We've been figuring out what works for my body and how these exercises can help rebuild muscles and nerves I have not used or felt since my accident. So far, the results have been incredible. There's just one issue, I haven't kept up with it the way I should, therefore, I've only seen real results in spurts when I'm concentrated and being consistent. I'll see results for a few days, I'll then stop for another few days, pick it back up again, and realize I have to start from square one all over again. The moral of the story, Bruce Lee said it best:


My point is, I've never really set a goal while working with Julie. So, yesterday when we Skyped, we both talked about goals and what we are trying to accomplish here. We decided that starting small then building off of that is a great way to keep the consistency going. Which is actually a smart way to tackle what it is you want for the new year.

If you have big goals you're trying to make this year, more power to you. If you have goals you want to achieve but know that you get side tracked easily, then set small goals for yourself leading up to what it is you truely want. Julie and I have set a two week goal as of now. Starting now, for the next two weeks I plan on doing specific exercises every day to improve the way I walk.

Once these two weeks are up, we're working on something else, then something else and so on and so on. What will be the outcome? That's what we're looking forward to seeing 😊

Set goals for yourself, do what you need to do, but be realistic. Be smart, be wise, and be the best you you could possibly be!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment