Tuesday, January 3, 2017

So...it's finally here. Hello 2017


To the theme song of "Ding Dong the witch is gone" from The Wizard of Oz:

"DING DONG, it's Gone, gone, gone. What is gone? Last year is gone! 2016 has finished and gone away!"

Good morning, good morning (I began writing this this morning, then my Internet crashed)! Yes my friends, 2016 has come to an end, and 2017 has now taken its place. Last year was a mixture of a little good, a little not so good, some of us had a great  year, some not so great, some felt a roller coaster of a year, others faced a bumpy year, but one thing is for sure, 2016 has finally come to an end.

There was a quote I found the other day that simply read, " One year = 365 Opportunities". It's a very simple quote that is actually pretty big. I mean, 365 opportunities? That's exciting is it not? 365 opportunities are now at your feet. Now, you can be cynical about it, looking at it as 365 opportunities to screw up, but what's the fun in that?

Last week I was hanging out with a friend of mine and she told me about an idea she saw someone posted on Face book. She told me that you take a jar and label it "Awesome". Anytime something awesome happens to you in the year 2017, you can write it down and put it into the awesome jar. At the end of 2017, you can then pull it out and read all the awesome things that's happened this year.

This is my advice for 2017. Don't talk, do. Try to make your year count, so when 2018 rolls around, you can look back at this year with a smile knowing you took full advantage of every opportunity available to you. At times the year may hit a lull, but try not to let it get you down.

So here's to another year, and making yours AWESOME!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment