Wednesday, January 11, 2017

"And now that it's over.."



Now that 2016 is ended, shutting the door on this past year and opening the next one, 2017 feels pretty darn good.  We are now in the double digits of this month, and the new year is rolling along. Going into this new year, have you asked yourself yet if you're holding on to any bad juju from the last year? Did you start with a clean slate this year or are you still caring any unnecessary baggage?

The other day, I was watching these dance videos and workout videos I had sent myself last year. When I first watched them, I would get inspired. That inspiration slowly turned into resentment. I was getting jealous of the people in the video and what they were able to do that I wasn't. Their bodies looked like the epitome of health, and mine was somewhere in the middle. I told myself as the year was coming to an end that,  going into the new year I'd buckle down and focus on building muscle and control. That means, daily exercise, eating properly, drinking more water, etc. I told myself "There's is no need to feel those bad feelings when I watch dance and workout videos, go back to being inspired and motivated."

The new year started, and I have a positive mindset. My goal is to get stronger and improve, not to get mad and jealous. Then the other day, I pulled up one of the workout videos from last year...not good. My bad attitude came back. I realized I haven't let part of my bad attitude go yet.

Holding on to some of those bad feelings from last year won't help me improve. They just hold me back. At the same time, going into the new year easy breezy, isn't always that simple. Attaining that mind set however, is completely doable.  If anything, make sure to remind yourself of that. 

Nicole 







1 comment: