Wednesday, November 23, 2016

You think this is a game??


"You think it's funny?"
- Seinfeld

I can't believe tomorrow is the day, I mean THE DAY. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving!!! One of those holidays where we're happy, we're sad, we eat to much, we don't eat enough, we enjoy company, we can't stand company, a constant wave emotions and laziness comes over us, and bam! Before you know it, we are knee deep in Thanksgiving! I think I pretty much summed it up. If I left anything out, I'm sure you can fill in the blanks.

Something we need not forget during this time, is that it is indeed a holiday, and there are many out there that find this holiday to be very difficult. It's just a reminder that, you never know who is going through what. Try not to judge a book by its cover and pay attention to the little things. For example, think about that  guy in your office that's really quiet  and seems to have the same characteristics as Eeyore. You know the guy, the one you think can snap at any moment, only, when you think about it, you realize you know nothing about him. Well, maybe he is really lonely and just wants a friend but has no social skills to obtain one. Who knows? You might go and talk to him, next thing you know you guys hit it off, he turns out to be a really  cool guy, and you invite him over for Thanksgiving. Just a thought.

Every now and then I question us as a society. I'm curious to know where our "good will towards your fellow man" went to. Curtsy goes so far, especially when it comes from a place of humility and is sincere. Let's not forget we are all human and something so small and heart felt goes a very long way.

(On a side note, I tried some of the stuffing I'm eating tomorrow and I'm having a hard time keeping my eyes open)

Tonight, think about the art of giving and reaching out to your fellow man. Fear not what you think is, and embrace the possibility of what could or might be. It feels good to open your arms to helping those that look like they may need it. It's Thanksgiving, so give hope, give kindness, and give to those who need a helping hand in their life. 

Happy Thanksgiving 🦃

Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment