Monday, November 14, 2016

Monday Monday


Hello all and hello Monday. It's hard to open our arms to Monday, but it's here so let's do it to it.

Over the weekend I had a plethora of really good experiences. I think my good experiences were mainly due to the fact, I went into each with an open mind, no expectations, and wound up having a great time.

Throughout the years I've realized something about myself as well as others that are close to me. Whenever I've approached a new situation and I've gone in with expectations, nine times out of ten, they never come to fruition and I am let down. Yet, when I decide to go in with a clear head and take in the experience for whatever it is, I almost always leave with a smile on my face.

It's easy to place pressure on yourself and on new experiences. It's almost like, if A, B, and C are not involved in whatever  new experience your in, then that's it, throw in the towel, it's over and you want to go home. But why not just embrace what is new? Why not step outside of your comfort zone? Who knows, you may actually really enjoy this new experience.

Plans are great. Plans give you a lay out of an event to come, it helps you plan for the future and be prepared. But just like life, plans sometimes change, and sometimes they are completely out of your control. Rather than getting flustered and agitated, embrace this curve ball and roll with it. Expect the unexpected, open your eyes to something new.

When you automatically make up your mind that you will or will not have a good time, you set yourself up for something to go wrong and poof, bad experience. Where as an open mind helps you to find some sort of joy within the experience.

So this week, open your mind up to the unexpected, you never know...something really cool and exciting could be waiting for you right around the corner.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment