Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Focus


Top of the morning, happy day, nice to see you. Happy Wednesday everyone! I feel as if the weeks just keep flying by.

I have a question for you, how many times have you found it hard to focus? Follow up question, do you ever find it difficult to focus on yourself? Personally, I struggle with staying focused. A few years ago it seemed like my focus was on point. As the years have gone by, my focus seems to get harder and harder to obtain, and I believe I know why.

There is a theory I have about trying to focus. I believe that, if you aren't giving your focus and what you're trying to achieve 110%, then you are constantly going to be wrestling with your focus. You will be in and out all the time and only focus on yourself when you feel like it, and then eventually you'll begin to complain about not seeing results and asking yourself "Why?".

Staying focused is tough. Now I could be wrong, but just from my observations of the world and those around me, including myself, it seems like our focus sky rockets after we have some major life altering incident happen to us. Afterward, we are ready to take this giant step towards focusing on ourselves and what we need to make us happy.  Crazy to think that we have to go through some monumental event to be  jolted back on the focus train.

I'm sure you've heard the expression "you can't love someone else if you don't love yourself" and there is truth to that. Giving yourself only 50% of your focus doesn't get you very far. You wind up always playing catch up to what you want and where you're going. Who needs that? Nobody. But when you believe in yourself and focus, slowly you'll begin to see doors open.

The struggle to focus is real, especially when it comes to you. There is a sense of pride when you focus and achieve what you want. I honestly believe there is no other feeling in this world like it. You know that feeling, that feeling of accomplishment, that feeling that YOU did it. YOU put in all the work, all the hours, all the dedication, all the focus...YOU

Just remember, focusing leads to new beginnings, new opportunities, new paths to go down. It's ok to let your focus wander off every now and then, just don't ever forget it's there, and so are you.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment