Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Reality, tv shows, madness, and self esteem


Reality TV, how silly you are to me.
Though I find myself getting sucked in from time to time
by your crazy debauchery.
From House wives, to tour buses, bar rescues and more,
 guilty pleasures to me, but nothing more.
Why, one might might ask,
I'll tell you my friend.
Seeing craziness ensue...
sometimes isn't so bad.
I think about my life,
and the people around,
craziness like what I see on TV,
is no where to be found.
So watching these shows is truly
a guilty pleasure at best, also
a self esteem booster,
I mean, have you seen some of those hot mess?

We all have guilty pleasures. Whether it's indulging in ice cream,  taking long baths, late night snacks, fuzzy socks,  you name it and it's probably a guilty pleasure of somebody. Mine just happens to be really horrible reality shows. You know the kind I'm talking about, people getting in verbal fights for the most ridiculous reasons,  pointing fingers at one another, uncovering scandalous revelations that aren't really that scandalous at all. I think I painted the picture for you. Yes, that is my guilty pleasure.  The main reason why it is such a guilty pleasure is because seeing these people getting aggravated over the pettiest things, makes me feel really good about myself and those around me. I'm no angel, but I feel like a saint after I watch some of these reality shows.


My point is, everyone has their own guilty pleasure, the one little thing that lets them release a little bit of steam and just indulge for a little while. I think a guilty pleasure, in a way, is a sort of escape.  Your brain turns off for a little while and you just enjoy.

The other guilty pleasure I have, and I'll admit it, I like stupid pop music. That's right I said it, with certain pop songs, I go into another world and just let go for a bit, and the best part is it's perfectly OK.  Whatever pop song I'm listening to, I can shut down, unwind,  and as I sing-along, I one, think I'm the best singer of all time (I'm really not) and two, enjoy the moment for all it's worth.


Before we are really knee deep into the holidays, go indulge in your guilty pleasure for a sec. So...what's your guilty pleasure?

Nicole










No comments:

Post a Comment