Monday, February 8, 2016

Right here right now.


 Let me throw a little music knowledge your way. In 1990 the group "Jesus Jones" came out with the song "Right Here, Right Now".  It's been 26 years since that song came out, during that time it has been used in commercials, video games, and played in gyms nation wide to help pump up clients. 


I love the chorus: 

I was alive and I waited, waited
I was alive and I waited for this
Right here, right now, there is no other place I wanna be
Right here, right now, watching the world wake up from history

A seven years later they came out with "The Next Big Thing". Different song, different lyrics, different chorus. 


Chorus:

I am waiting for the next big thing
Bring it on quick time to me
I tap my fingers to the same old thing
And dream of better things to see
I couldn't tell you what path it comes by
I couldn't tell you if it's plain to see
I couldn't tell you if it's gonna change the world
But I hope to hell it's gonna change me

Now, I don't think Jesus Jones won any grammies or huge billboard awards, but from their lyrics and music, they gave you a feeling that living for now and being alive was pretty awesome. At least, thats my interpretation.
The 90s definitely had their own unique sound when it came to music, but there are a few rare gems such as Jesus Jones to remind us it's all about what we do "Right here, and Right now."


Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment