Monday, September 29, 2014

Just you


Thank you for coming to this blog and supporting it. In return, I will continue to keep uplifting and bringing whatever welcoming thoughts and advice I have. On that note, let's begin.

I have preached before about investing in yourself and going for it.  I still stand by that, and I must admit, it's not easy. The beginning process always seems to be the hardest part. Right now, I am sort of going through that.

Picture yourself as a car. The key goes in the ignition, you start to rev up. You're all amped and ready to go, then at the last minute you think "I can always do this tomorrow",  and turn off. Hopefully this is easy to understand. We get excited about the idea of doing something that helps us move forward, work on planning all the things we are going to do to make it happen, and then when it's time to actually execute our grand plans, we fall short.

I wonder why that is. Sometimes taking and starting that first step is super easy. You've already set a goal for yourself- now it's time to put it into action. Other times, that first step is harder then walking across hot coals.

So, it's up to you to be that coach you know you can be. You just have to constantly remind yourself of the big picture, and that YOU, yes YOU, can do it! Just like Nike.

Just Do It. Pictures, Photos, and Images for Facebook, Tumblr, Pinterest, and Twitter

I'm struggling with that first step, but I know I can and will. When I was in the hospital after my accident, I wanted to get better, and new I had to work hard with my physical therapy, yet every inch of my body felt like it had been hit by a ton of bricks and any movement I made sent a wave of unimaginable pain throughout. Still, I had to get working in order to get better.

That first step towards recovery was terrible. It took me almost two hours just to lift an empty paper cup. I was drenched with sweat from head to toe, but guess what? I did it! And so can you.

We can make that first step, we just need to look deep inside. Trust me... It's there.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment