Sunday, August 17, 2014

Eye opener

Ah, summer time. It seems like forever to get to here, and then once it comes, it's as if it vanishes before you know it.

The other day, while I was thinking about how fast the summer comes and goes, a song popped in my head. Funny because, this songs title has also been the title of a movie, quotes, and songs, "The Pursuit of Happiness". In some form or fashion, we're all on our own pursuit of happiness, our own conscious and unconscious quest for happiness.

Ever heard the saying "misery loves company"? Even though it's misery, it still loves company. Company is it's happiness. Now, that's not exactly my idea of happiness, but, to each their own.

I am on my own quest for happiness. I've found pieces of it here and there this summer and I plan on continuing it into the fall, winter, and so on. Just like the summer comes and goes, so can our happiness. The trick is to always remind yourself that you can find it again. Always.

On my pursuit, I got a huge dose of it last week. My happiness was at an all time high and it took place in Oakland, California where I spent the whole week at a dance intensive with AXIS Dance company.  To learn more about AXIS, click on the links below.  Working with AXIS was a happiness I haven't felt in awhile. It was the kind of happiness that you know you possess yet it seems to be misplaced somewhere. Well, just like a light bulb clicking on, so did my happiness. My happiness was related to dance, and just how much I love it and miss it. Plus being surround by a community of people who are all experiencing the same type of happiness is a pretty amazing experience.

The same thing happens when I give a speech. There is an unexplained happiness inside of me like non other. I know I'm not alone. Surely you must have a source of happiness you've experienced or are in the process of at least. If not, I say, claim happiness in your life and for yourself.

The Wizard of OZ, know it? Well, Dorothy's famous song in the film, "some where over the rainbow" has a very beautiful and interesting message. To sum it up, we as humans, are constantly dreaming of a better place beyond the here & now. It's a nice song but,  I think we shouldn't be dreaming of a better place beyond the here & the now. Instead, it should just be about the here & now. We all want some sort of paradise/happiness and the things you do now, will effect your happiness in the future.

Happy little blue birds do sing beyond the rainbow, and there are places of happiness you've probably heard in lullabies, but you can just as easily find them and make them a reality. You just need to make the first move...

and I know you can.

Nicole









No comments:

Post a Comment