Thursday, August 28, 2014

I get knocked down



"I get knocked down, but I get up again. You're never gonna keep me down".

I'm pretty sure I've heard this line in movies, read in books, and heard it from numerous folks I know. My point is, I'm familiar with the saying. It just never struck me really, until now.

Early, I had written something in one of my posts about goals and road bumps. When you set something for yourself, and then having unexpected land mines you'll hit along the way towards your goals. 

Sadly, we don't ever get the things we want  the way we want to get them. Want to be fitter? Trimmer? Well, there is no pill you can take that will give you muscles right away, so you have to work for it.  

Imagine this, you  workout everyday for almost a year, then, unexpectedly, you brake your ankle. The doctor  says to stay off your foot for a month. Here's the problem, you've been getting ready for the last six months, training for this marathon, which is exactly one month away.

Quitting seems like an easy option. I mean, "what's the point?" Right? Not really. Think about it. Breaking your ankle is a set back towards what your going and moving towards. This is a huge obstacle. 

You probably have to sit this marathon out, however,  it doesn't mean you still can't do it again. So it's not happening this go around. In the meantime, use this time to prepare and get even better then your best!

Living in this moment is easy. Especially when you've mapped out a plane, a road for yourself. The challenge,  is still being true to yourself and staying on your road. Trying not to allow any mishaps that you encounter throw you off of your path. You can do it. 

Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment