Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Thoughts


 Le Penseur (The Thinker) detail  Auguste Rodin...(My grandpa always said "He's trying to remember where he put his clothes".)


I hope I'm not alone when I say, throughout each day I have a plethora of thoughts just going from one to the other. That, and the fact that I have serious ADD. For me, getting off track is very easy to do.

The last few weeks have been filled with ADD moments that have caused me to jump off the track. I've been slacking on this blog, my workouts, my work, and other things. There are so many distractions in the world, but using them as an excuse isn't really doesn't fix things or help you out.

So after coming to this realization a few days ago, my next thought was to get back on track, so I can keep moving forward. It isn't exactly the easiest thing to do. But, I sucked it up, and began the process of getting "back on track."

I'm not gonna lie, it feels pretty good. Staying idle doesn't work for me. If I sit still for too long, I go crazy. It was like this before my accident, and now it's even more heightened. That's probably due to the fact I pretty much laid in a bed for six months. I'm guessing that's it.

However, this go around is a little different because of my spinal cord injury. I'm unable to just get up and go. It takes me a little longer, but I do it. God, there are so many times I just want someone to do everything for me, but where's the satisfaction in that? Therefore, despite how long it takes me to "get back on track", when I get back to that place, it makes it all worth it.

Since I was granted the gift of life again,I might as well utilize it in a positive way, right? Many of you can relate. If all we have is this one life, let's DO something with it. What that is and what you want is up to you and no one else. Don't forget that.

Last night, I went ahead and made a list of what needs to be done, and how I'm going to do it. There was a bit of excitement looking at it this morning. Like "look at me getting it", I gotta be my own coach in order to make things happen. Go team Nicole (I have to tell myself that sometimes)! A nice sense of accomplishment is a pretty gratifying feeling. We all know that feels like, especially when you look back and see all the amazing things that you've done. 

Amongst all the different thoughts going through my head, there is one reoccurring thought I really like. That thought is remembering that today only happens once. After today, I'll never experience this again, so I must MAKE the MOST OF TODAY and each day after that. It's almost like I have an internal alarm that goes off in the morning to remind me.

So, those have been the thoughts in my head the past couple of weeks. RIght now, my goal is learning how to be more involved in social media. In fact, I just joined SNAPCHAT. If anyone interested, my username is: nicoleemarquez . Please follow "My Story".

Well everyone, it's back to work, and work feels good.

Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment