Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Taking for granted

As the days, weeks, and months go by, it's easy to get wrapped up in our own affairs and forget the little things. We start taking things for granted, until all of a sudden, something happens. All of a sudden, you realize time has flow by, and it's too late. I'm guilty of this and non guilty.

I see it happen and I've done it myself. I've passed up opportunities to hang out with relatives and friends because I'm not in the mood or don't want to, then in a second something happens and their gone, or something happens to us and we now realize we're unable to do simple tasks we were doing just  days ago


Before my accident, I could do so much. Jump, run, use all my fingers. Now, those things are unattainable at the moment. I'm not mad at this but it does open my eyes at how much I took for  granted. I still take some things for granted (I'm human, that's normal ), but when something works a little better for me like my motor function, it reminds me just how fortunate we are and what we are capable of.

So,  the point I'm trying to make is that, time is precious, enjoy each day as if it's your last, and try not to get too absorbed in yourself that you can't stop and appreciate the world, loved ones, and friendships around you.

Nicole

Never take for granted the moments you share with people especially family. My goal is to spend more time with my parents.


No comments:

Post a Comment