Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Who you are


Who you are, or better yet, who are you?

Are you an optimist? Realist? A entrepreneur? Idealist? Artist? Or maybe you're just you.

I know this is a pretty heavy question to be asking on a Tuesday, but it's a pretty interesting question if you think about it.

Yesterday when I was working out,  this question popped in my head. Mainly because, I was reflecting back on last Friday when I met with Andy Cary Young. He is the owner and creator of Pearl River Glass. To best describe what he and Pearl River Glass is all about, here is an exert from their website:

At PRGS, our guiding principle is the preservation of the ancient tradition of stained glass. We maintain the highest quality of craftsmanship and expertise in the various stained glass techniques.

 Now check out this video:


            

The point is, at one point in our conversation, I got that he wore many different hats. He's an artist, a business man, a thinker, an entrepreneur, and those are just naming a few. Even though he's many things, one thing he remains is himself, threw and threw, always looking for the next adventure with himself and his business. 

We all have a definition for who we are and what we do, but when actually taking  the time to stop and describe ourselves for our self, what would you say? Are you true to yourself and others? Is there anyone you know that needs help finding him or herself? Though this is something we should be thinking about year round, it's good to ponder.

My hats go off to Andy because he brought this question to light doing nothing other then being himself. That alone, is something to think about. So, thank you Andy.

I am an array of things, but being true to myself and maintaining a good attitude is a goal and a lifestyle choice. It's who I am. So I ask you once again, who are you?

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment