Thursday, December 5, 2013

Don't stop believing

Happy hump day! It's Wednesday!



 I just saw a commercial that it is indeed 20 days until we hit December 25....once again, time flies when you're having fun, and trust me, waking up everyday knowing your heart is beating, that is some kind of fun.

"Don't stop believing." Such a good song along with such a great quote. My question, hearing those three words, how does that make you feel and what exactly do you think?



About two years ago, "don't stop believing" was a quote I would have turned my back and laughed at.  Mainly because, everything was hitting the fan in my life. I had lost love and the chances of it falling in my lap again was something I sorta didn't think would happen anytime soon. I had begun a motivational speaking career that I was clueless about and just hoped that maybe it could eventually turn into something.   My acting career was something that seemed miles away due to my physical limitations. So, having a future was something I eventually knew would happen, though in the back of my head I was secretly telling myself "kid, get used to waiting...it's gonna be a while."

Now, don't get me wrong, I did have a glimmer of hope inside of me, but it was buried way down deep inside. Though hope was buried sort of deep, for some reason there was this little voice inside saying "whatever happens, just don't stop." I thank my lucky stars for that little voice.



By not shutting that voice up, which turned out to be my conscience, and really striving towards something good for my life, things began to happen I never thought could in a timely manner. I finally shut the door on heartache and eventually love found me in a way I was totally blindsided and grateful for. I put myself out there as a very prominent and rising sot out speaker and I began booking speaking gigs. Swallowing any reservations I had about getting into the acting world, I applied to some casting  inquires where I fit the description, and low and behold- I got work! So see that, I still got it :)

I've learned from this experience and understand that no matter what, you can't stop believing in yourself. Who knows what's out there for you! There's an entire world ahead of you that is literally just waiting for you to make your mark on it. Take it from one who knows.

This Tuesday I spoke to the Rotary Club whose focus is on community service. Many of the members are men, but those men gave me a standing ovation before I even hit the stage. I just saw that the  movie trailer that I was an extra in and it comes out on Christmas Day. Hopefully I'm not edited out, and if I am, so what. I did it, and that's all that mattered. You know, Journey said it best....."Don't Stop Believing."






No comments:

Post a Comment