Monday, March 7, 2016

Chaos vs. Chaos



The great speaking engagements have now been completed. I went, I spoke, I'm alive. All unique in their own way and each audience different from the last. 

It's a little bitter sweet feeling right now. The hustle and bustle of preparing, traveling, and bouncing from one speech to the other was actually a pretty exhilarating feeling. Of course my body is certainly feeling the effects of last week, but my heart is still beating, so I'm not worried. A little yoga today will help me get back on track. 

Many people I know try to avoid chaos, especially in their lives. They simply don't allow it. This I can understand. Negative crazy chaos isn't to appealing. Though I do believe there is such a thing as positive chaos. Positive chaos I absolutely don't mind. 

Allow me to explain. Let's say you're going to a concert. Well, perhaps the excitement of getting in, getting wafs of smells from the concession stands, by passing venders trying to sell you programs, t-shirts, cold drinks, etc, moving past folks to get to your seat, all that to me is pretty positive chaos. 


Or imagine your in a play. You've spent months rehearsing, it's finally time for the actual performance. Backstage leading up to the curtain call you and your fellow cast members are getting costumes on, wigs, makeup, etc. Then it's lights up, and all that backstage chaos was something of an adrenaline rush. 

For me, moving in and out of airports, automobiles, and trains can be a little chaotic, but it's chaos of the very best kind. It's really all about how you look at it. 
To be or not to be? Chaos, chaotic, these shouldn't be scary words. They should be something you embrace and make the very best of. You can do it! 


Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment