Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Push it, push it!!!


Ever heard the song "Push it" by Salt n' Pepper?

Push it realllll good!:  


I think Salt n' Pepper were onto something when they wrote this song. Personally, pushing myself to do specific things such as finishing a project, cleaning, etc, isn't always easy.

Right now, I've been trying to workout everyday. This is no easy task. I know I need to do it in order to maintain my health, stay in shape, and function better, but  sometimes it's just hard.

As I said in my previous post, I've been taking yoga as much as possible and also revealing that I'm not perfect. Well yesterday, it was definitely one of those days (Labor Day),  where I just did not want to go to yoga. There was no particular reason why, I just didn't want to go. I had absolutely no desire, but I did it anyway, and surprisingly I finished feeling invigorated and with a new attitude.

 When I was in school, I had a theater professor tell my class that, it's when you don't want to do things when your morale and attitude is low that  that's the time you need to push push push and do it anyway. He was referring to stage combat, and the importance of practiceing everyday.

 Just keep pushing and stay focused. The hard work will pay off. - Sports Motivation Quotes #motivational #Inspirational:

Oddly enough, I try to apply that same mentality to my everyday life. Practice makes perfect, push yourself to go that next level, that extra mile. It's listening to that little voice inside your head that says "keep going...you can do it!" 

Or in this case, it's listening to Salt'n Pepper. They say "push it", and I'm going for it!

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment