Thursday, September 10, 2015

"Practice on"

Hello!

The other day, I went to a yoga class. Right at the beginning of the class we went through a series of stretches to get our bodies warm before really diving into all the tough stuff. One of the exercises required us to use a yoga prop, which was a yoga block.  For those of you out there that are unfamiliar with what a yoga block is and what it is used for, here ya go:

 http://www.yoga-addict.com/what-are-yoga-blocks-used-for  

Blocks can be really useful in the practice for both the beginner and  seasoned yogi. Click below to read more.:  

 Yoga poses using blocks <div class="pinSocialMeta"> <a class="socialItem" href="/pin/294915475573144323/repins/"> <em class="repinIconSmall"></em> <em class="socialMetaCount repinCountSmall"> 1 </em> </a> <a class="socialItem likes" href="/pin/294915475573144323/likes/"> <em class="likeIconSmall"></em> <em class="socialMetaCount likeCountSmall"> 1 </em> </a>:


We were lying on our backs holding the yoga block right over our heads, and moving it as far as we could go and then moving it in front of us as far as we could go. Basically we were creating a see- saw with our arms moving them back and forth while holding the block.

Well, before we started this little exercise, we are all holding out the block above our heads, and I noticed something. Imprinted on the block, was a small message, "Practice On".

"Practice On"....

 

I hit on the topic of "practice" and its importance the other day, and I'm finding myself continuing with this theme. During my speeches, I have a small section where I talk about my education in the arts. One of the biggest things I learned from my education in the arts is that anything worth having is working for. You have to work work, you have to practice, practice, and try....try again. Never give up on yourself.

I guess in my mind I believe that if you want to be good at something for yourself, you have the ability to do so. Just keep working at it. Sadly, this doesn't happen over night. It takes time, and it takes Practice. Though, through all the hard work, all the practice...it will eventually reveal itself to you when you least expect it, and when it does, you'll realize that Practice really does makes perfect. Take it from one who knows :)

 

Nicole





No comments:

Post a Comment