Friday, September 4, 2015

Generosity, curiousity, hope...


I'm not perfect, sorry: I'm not perfect, sorry
Happy Friday!

I've been taking a lot of yoga lately and found that it is extremely beneficial for my body. All the stretching, bending, and twisting keeps my body active while gaining muscle, and muscle memory. Needless to say, I am one happy camper.

Each class I go to is different, and each instructor is different. I love each instructor I go to, but I have one teacher in particular though, Tracey Duncan, whom I'm really drawn to. Before each class she gives a brief speech allowing us insight into her world but also she incorporates different intentions for each practice. For example she might say, " this week I've found myself really curious towards things. So today, give yourself the freedom to be curious with your practice and also when you go on with the rest of your week. Try something new you've always been curious about. Are there any positions that  you're really curious to try? Invite them into your practice." You get the drift.

Every time I take this class it gets me thinking. At one point she talked along the lines of looking at yourself from the outside and really looking at the thoughts you have about yourself, others, your body/practice, etc. On this particular day, it really got my mind jogging. The class was great, and after it was over  I remember I was in the bathroom staring at my reflection. There were so many thoughts and things I saw staring back at me.
 sorry - i'm not perfect, i make mistakes, i hurt people, but when i say sorry, i really mean it.: sorry - i'm not perfect, i make mistakes, i hurt people, but when i say sorry, i really mean it.

One of the first thoughts I had was, "I'm not perfect." The fact that that was the first thought I formulated in my brain made me smile. Why? I smiled because that is a huge statement to form for yourself. Being right, and believing that when bad things happen it's everyone else who is at fault or it's all the worlds fault is easy. Admitting to yourself that perhaps you are in the wrong and not perfect, well...that's no easy task.

We/I, hate it when I'm wrong. I especially dislike it when someone else was right about something when I swore up and down I was.

Not being perfect is a tough revelation. But it's ok, cause guess what? Nobody is. It feels good to know that. Therefore, try to strive to be the best you can be. Oh, you'll make mistakes, that's inevitable, but we all will. Even some of the best people you know aren't perfect.

 I'm a very stubborn person but When I'm wrong I will tell you or if I've wronged someone and didn't mean to Or even realized I did I will tell you I'm sorry that's just how I am. I know not everyone's going to like or respect you but if I'm wrong I will say I'm wrong regardless of the situation!!: I'm a very stubborn person but When I'm wrong I will tell you or if I've wronged someone and didn't mean to Or even realized I did I will tell you I'm sorry that's just how I am. I know not everyone's going to like or respect you but if I'm wrong I will say I'm wrong regardless of the situation!!

My thoughts/advice is try to not always judge a book by its cover or put someone up on a high pedestal because once again, no ones perfect. Of course that's why we are who we are...unique individuals...and PROUD of it ❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment