Thursday, October 16, 2014

Monster mainia



There is a catalog of Halloween songs out there that definitely help to get you in the spirit of the holiday, along with a tall list of movies to help also set the tone. There are even a number of t.v shows and specials specifically catering to the essence of Halloween.

So, if you are in need, here are some of my faves. They're not so much on the scary side, as they are the wacky,spooky, and funny, but they still hold up the essence.

The ones that started it all

Great+TV+Shows+of+the+Past The Munsters is an American television sitcom depicting the home life of a family of benign monsters. It stars Fred Gwynne as Herman Munster and Yvonne De Carlo as his wife, Lily Munster. The series aired at night once a week in black-and-white on CBS from September 24, 1964 to May 12, 1966, for 70 episodes. 
 Back in the day, these two t.v.shows brought home the charm, funny, and spooky. If you can, look up some of these old episodes. It will Totally be worth your wild.

The Spin Offs 

Movie wise, the Adams Family wins.

 Halloween movies to watch with your kids 
The Addams Family Values 
 
The Weird and Strange

Moving along, another great t.v series for the season, and for those that can handle the weird and strange are these two gems:
  

Then we get into the movie versions.
 
 
 
There are two X-File movies. I watched both a few weeks ago, and personally, I'm partial to the first one. 
 
Movie vs. Show 

Now, we're coming to the next wave of spooky, according to me and my opinion on these things. This next one is movie vs show. Love the movie, and dug the show.
 
Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie, 1992 - Kristy Swanson and Luke Perry  
 
By year, I may have some of these out of order, but you follow where I'm going with this. I'm merely setting the tone to help. What's next..OH YEAH! 
 
For Mature Audiences
 
What's next, is where we get a little more shows for the maturer crowds, and for those with strong stomachs.

 
 
The Walking Dead is About so Much More than Just Zombies #TheWalkingDead http://www.squidoo.com/the-walking-dead-is-about-much-more-than-zombies 
Of course, these are all up for debate, and like I said, this all just my opinion. If you are in need, try these out. You may hate them, you may love them. I just hope these can at least entertain. 
 
The Finale
 
Recently, as in last week, I finally watched one Halloween movie I had forgotten was extremely funny and entertaining. So, to bring this blog to an end, this movie is something to check out and I really do hope you find it, watch it, and enjoy. Pleasant dreams...

Elvira 
Nicole

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment