Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Aha!



"Bring home the bacon, put it in a pan, I can do anything a man can"

What a blast of pure adrenaline. It's been a day. Yes, there are some things that are just impossible to do. There are other things that we don't do because we think we can't, or because we think they'll  take to long, or we'll probably get completely bored.

Well, I am here to tell you-I've done all of the above, but I've also done the complete opposite. Today, was one of those days.

I have limited mobility of my hands, so everyday, ordinary tasks are much harder for me. I have to think of and invent new ways of using what I have in order to get things done. Sometimes I get extremely frustrated when I'm unable to do the smallest of tasks, and even then, I'm still determined to do them. Being a little stubborn helps. It may take me longer then most to do things. For example, buttoning a shirt, which can sometimes take me 15min, but the satisfaction of knowing I did it, makes it worth it. Today was probably my biggest challenge so far.

Wanna know what it was? No lie, with my little gimpy hands, I replaced an entire door knob! It may not seem that big of a deal, but trust me, it is. Especially because of the state my hands are in.

So, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE if you want it enough. This doorknob took me almost two hours to install. For anyone else with proper hand function, it would/should take only about 30 minutes. It took me two hours, but ya know what? Who cares? I did it! Now it's up and in working order because I wanted to do it, and I did. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!







Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment