Wednesday, November 27, 2013

"Don't bring me down"



"You got me runnin goin out of my mind,
You got me thinkin that Im wastin my time.
Don't bring me down,no no no no no,
Ill tell you once more before I get off the floor
Don't bring me down."


Electric Light Orchestra- Better known as ELO


Hello!

So we're starting off the day with a little Electric Light Orchestra. They had the right idea with this song. ''Don't bring me down," I'm sure at some point we've all wanted to say that, to whom ever or whatever. I can tell you I've certainly wanted to say those words on different occasions. Of course, instead of actually saying those words, I usually tell myself that "I WON'T let this get me down."At times, it's easier said then done, but overall, my experience with it has been extremely effective.

Why do we get down? There are a slew of reasons I'm sure. If I were to write them all out, this post could be almost two to three pages long. In other words, the answer to the question is, there are MANY different things that get us down. I guess the next question would be, "how can you get out of being let down?" Easy, everyone has their own formula, their own unique way of handling whatever is going on, regrouping, and moving forward.
 
Little info on me, I'm allergic to bad attitudes. I don't react well to them. They get me down. Personally, I can't stand them. It can throw off my whole day. Truth is, even if I have a bad attitude, and I've plenty, it still throws off my day because I know it's consuming me and effecting others around me. When bad attitudes or even bad situations come my way, all I want them to do is go away. Sadly, that's easier said then done. 
 
In a perfect world, when faced with something that gets us down, we could just snap our fingers and POOF, it would be gone. That's not reality though. The fact of the matter is that you have to face what the situation is front of you. How are you gonna stop whatever it is in front of you? Well, that my friend is something only you have the answer to. You're not happy? Want it to change? Then fix it. Once again, easier said then done, but if you're not in a place you want to be, then fix it. It probably won't exactly be a walk in the park, but in the end you'll be satisfied and in the place you want to be......better.

On a day to day basis we run into different things that will get us down. Sometimes it's easy just to turn your shoulder and tell yourself it might get better. After a while, it's time to quit lying to yourself and admit that it's getting you down and there needs to be a change. You can be and are brave. You're probably much braver then you think. So, go handle it tiger, don't let whatever it is get you down.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment