Tuesday, December 6, 2011

BIONESS Time Baby!

Now that we're all up to speed, another exciting week is underway. I still can't believe already it's December. Crazy huh? Christmas and New Years are actually right around the corner. Time flies when you're having fun.

I'm looking forward to the New Year. Celebration is underway! With that said, Monday was definitely a day of celebration. I mentioned it before in one of my previous posts, but awhile back I received this amazing device called the BIONESS. When I fell, I severed my spinal cord in a spot that effected my hands. They don't work as well as they used to. However, this machine, the BIONESS, is a device that fits around your forearm and hand that shocks/pulsates the muscle and nerves sending messages to your brain reminding it how and what your hands are suppose to do. I was lucky and was awarded two units. This summer, both units went on the fritz and I've been waiting/praying  for the company to decide if they were going to repair them or send new ones. Some how my prayers were answered ( and because my mother helped getting the point across), and last Friday two brand new units were delivered to my house :)

So come Monday, it was back in the saddle again. Walking into therapy was a joy. Two new BIONESS under my arm ready to work.

Ashlee preparing new units

Fitting the device to my arm

The exercises are underway

After we were done with the set up, I could feel the work the BIONESS hand helped with. My forearms were definitely sore. Water therapy was next, though I didn't get very far because some how the indoor pool had, just over the weekend, turned into a hot tub. The pool is heated, but shot up to 102* over the weekend. Sadly pool therapy was canceled that day, but was substituted with a hefty workout in the gym. Not all was lost. 
Right now, I'm sitting around and waiting. My dad invited me to the company Christmas dinner. Now it's just waiting for him to finish work and head towards good food and good people :)

Nicole  


No comments:

Post a Comment