Friday, November 25, 2011

Thanksgiving, Black Friday adventures

Autumn is nice complemented with Thanksgiving, pumpkin pie, Black Friday and enjoying the season. First, I want to say I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. On this end, it was very nice. Spending time with my family is actually very nice. We can come together, not kill each other, go back to our lives, and meet up again for the holidays.
I really do enjoy the holidays. My mother turns into Martha Stewart. She breaks out the decorations depending on the holiday, and whips up different dish's that always taste fantastic. This Thanksgiving, she managed to find a long table identical to the table you see the Pilgrims & Indians seated at in so many different hallmark card photos and Thanksgiving decorations.

Told you. The holidays bring her inner Martha out. However, she can't do everything alone. That's when my brother and cousin come into play, to help with the ambiance.


......and thus, the Thanksgiving celebration was well underway! Cousins, grandparents, aunt & uncle. It was time to get this party started.


It was a very good Thanksgiving. Everyone really out did themselves. We had been snacking all day, so by the time it was finally ready to eat, there were many things to be thankful for, and then came the feeding frenzy. Of course, a Thanksgiving wouldn't be complete unless you go into a deep coma like state right after you eat. It's as if your stomach goes into shut down mode, while the rest of your body goes into sleep mode. My cousin & uncle were a great example of that.

Afterwards, a couple of my brothers home boys stopped by to get in on the action

Family fun isn't the easiest, but when it is, it's not to bad



We ended the night with good tidings, and smiles on our faces. Although every now and then I want to strangle my brother, it really was a good Thanksgiving. Sleep wasn't hard to attain last night. However, I woke up at 3a.m and was extremely tempted to wake up my family and shout out "Wake up everyone! Stores open at 4a.m. Let's go". Problem is, my bed was warm and sleep flooded back over my body. In theory, it would have been classic. 
At about 10:15a.m, everyone rolled out of bed to great the day. After much deliberation, it was on to Best Buy where I learned my aunt was a D.J.


So, not to exciting, but we haven't hit Christmas yet. Every family has drama, I'm sure something interesting is just waiting right around the corner.

Nicole

3 comments:

  1. Easily, the article is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I fit in with your conclusions and will eagerly look forward to your next updates. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates.
    black friday online deals

    ReplyDelete