Sunday, November 20, 2011

On the ball

I really need to get on the ball with this blog. My life is a busy one. Therefore the point of this blog is to share it with you. The last week and a 1/2 has been filled with business.

As I said in one of my last posts, I have been in Clarksdale, Mississippi helping work on this amazing  documentary. I was introduced 3 months ago to a group of 12-14 year old girls who are part of an after school program called "si se pude" which translates to " now I can". Lots of personalities, lots of different attitudes, and lots of ridiculousness. I was asked to choreograph a dance especially for them to perform. Well, after 3 months they finally performed last Friday in front of their parents, family members, and even some faculty and a few of their peers at the school. Not gonna lie, watching them brought tears to my eyes, From where they were to where they were Friday....night and day. Here's a look at some of the rehearsals leading up:
                                                The boys capturing all these amazing moments

 Some of the "Si Se Pude " Girls


My friend Talamieka Brice & Charles Brice made a special trip to come speak to the girls


My friend Talamieka Brice & Charles Brice made a special trip to come speak to the girls


This a video of one of the film makers getting schooled by one of the dancers



Our final goodbyes (single tear)

Also, while I was in Clarksdale, I was also helping, via by phone, my friend and stylist Crystal Williams with her fabulous hair show! Here was one of the looks she was showing:




That Crystal Williams is one talented stylist. So another world wind of events. Thanksgiving is right around the corner. Oh how more and more fun is underway :)

Nicole



No comments:

Post a Comment