Friday, February 3, 2017

Keep moving



My grandmother was a very interesting woman. She was the type of woman, that if you hurt or wronged her, she would hold a grudge over you and never budge. It was actually a running joke with my family and her friends. I never really realized how bad it was until I started to get older. I loved that woman, but man was she stubborn. Now I know where I get it from.

Holding on to a grudge was something I never thought I really did. Usually if I ever got in an argument or disagreement with a friend, I'd just stop talking to them and that was that. Little did I know, I was holding a grudge. I thought it was normal to think "well, they hurt me, I'm not wrong, and we are no longer going to speak."  Piece of cake.

There's a saying about forgiving and moving on, "Closure happens right after you accept that letting go and moving on is more important then holding on to what isn't".


The past is the past for a reason. We forget that we can't change the past, so therefore we should move forward. 

It's hard to move forward from a ruff situation. It's even harder to forgive some unforgettable situations. Holding on to the past with any sort of resentment or feelings only hinders yourself. By not forgiving and letting go, you just become a ball of toxic feelings and energy. Why would you want to hold on to a feeling that just makes you mad? What joy is there in an ugly feeling?

At times, your brain flashes back to once was, it also can be realistic and show you what is no more. Leave your grudges behind and look toward the light of a new tomorrow. It may take some time, but believe you will get there, and you will. Stop holding on to the bad and start gathering up the good.

Nicole







No comments:

Post a Comment