Friday, June 20, 2014

What is missing?


pretty. I miss dance school. I still have my pointe shoes in my mom's attic though.  
The last few weeks I've been stuck in a sort of rut. I'll blog something one day, then the next I just don't get around to it because, well, I just don't. The rest of the week goes by, I'm a little clueless what to write so I just won't write for the rest of the week only to have the exact thing happen the next week.

This partially has to do with the fact that I feel empty. Not completely, just empty in a sense that, I feel something is missing inside of me. There is this one spot inside of me that is just empty. Almost like something took something inside of me off my shelf without me knowing. Now it's missing.

However, there is one little issue with this. I can't exactly remember what it was that was taken. I just know it's missing.

I'm sure at some point we've all felt that something was missing  inside of us and in our lives. Not really knowing what that is, or how we can possibly retrieve it is tricky. Sometimes we do indeed know the steps we need to take to somehow try to retrieve it, but don't really want to make that first move. I mean, if there was a mail service that could just stop by your door anytime your "whatever" is missing, and they could just retrieve it and deliver it to you...it would be oh so nice. Sadly, there is no delivery service that exists. So, ultimately, it's up to us. We have to play detective, and find our missing "something."

As for me, it has been a very up and down battle. For every cloud nine I feel when I think I've found it, there is a swift gush of reality that shows and makes me feel that, no, I haven't quit got it yet.

Until a couple of weeks ago. No joke, I had a light bulb, "ah ha" moment. While stretching it hit me. I miss dance. I miss performing. I NEED this back in my life. I need to incorporate it into my speeches. I need to perform and dance after I speak to my audience. I need/want to get my dancer body back. I need to get my inner dancer back. That's what's missing!!!

Of course, it took me almost four to five years to find it, but I found it! I did! In other words, if you are missing whatever puzzle piece inside that you know will complete the whole picture, then you have to be patient. Seek it out, but in your own way, and trust, that with time, you'll find it. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but you'll find it. That is, if you want to. If you're willing to make the effort to try.

Now I know there are some things inside that you miss, and you know 100% that you'll never get them back. Though, there are other things you miss inside, that you know you CAN get back. It may take some work, but you can absolutely get it. Just don't fall in the trap of settling.

You know what I mean. Your missing something, know how to retrieve it, know there is going to be serious work to get it back, and decide to pass because your lazy and just don't want to put the work in. Therefore, you settle, telling yourself you're ok and don't really need "it".

Don't lie to yourself, you deserve better then that. Go get what is going to make you complete! Think about it, once you get it back, just image the adventures that are possibly a head of you just waiting to happen!

Ok, enough pep talk for the day. I have a date with my workout. Operation get "Nicole dancing again" has begun.

Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment