Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Thoughts, thoughts, everywhere

 Be the best you can be quote from Pete Rose

It's so funny the places our brain takes us. All it takes is a sight, touch, taste, smell, or even hearing something and we're automatically back in some memory, thought planning, and what not.

I was making some pumpkin pancakes this morning (egg-free, organic, and delicious), and during the process I realized I was actually cooking. Not to long ago, this was something I couldn't have done even if I tried. The other day, it was overcast and rainy. I could only think about where my career is now and where I want it to go.

Perhaps I'm not alone. Perhaps you've had your own moments where specific thoughts swirled around in your head. I guess my question is, are they just thoughts? Or are they thoughts that will lead to action? It's one thing to give yourself this internal checklist, but it's another to take your thoughts and put them into action.

For me, I want to get a better body, better career, a better way to get my name out there. My life has been flipped upside down. I had a very concrete plan for myself and my future. That is now out the window. I'm unable to do what I wanted for my life right now. My dreams aren't necessarily over, they're just on pause for the moment. In the meantime, what can I do to keep me going? What can I do that will make me happy? Aha! I found it, but is it something I'm just saying? Well, you've all heard the expression "the proof is in the pudding". If you say to yourself, this is what I want to do, this is what I need to do, then get up and do it.

Keeping up with social media is tough for me. However, if I want the career I want, and I want to get there, then social media is something I need to become one with. After all, "talk is cheap, actions speak louder then words."

I talk and even preach these things because I believe each and everyone of us has this potential inside of us to be greater then we ever expected we could be, and all it takes is for us to know and believe that about ourselves. So, turn your thoughts into realities. I can confirm that it can come true. Trust me.

I'm not gonna lie, I want the best for me. Along with my family and friends, naturally. But I want the best for me. I can see it in my thoughts, I can feel it in my bones, but unless I take these thoughts and do something with them, then they are just what they are, thoughts.

If you are happy with the "what ifs" and daydreaming, have at it. That's not really my cup of tea, but that's just me. Turning my thoughts into a reality just seems like the best adventure. And honey, I'm not alone when I say, I am ready to set sail!

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment