Friday, August 23, 2013

Time passes...and before you know it, a new beginning emerges

Well, after seeing how long it's been since my last post, it feels right to write this.

On August 31,2013, it will be five years since my accident. Weird. It is an extremely odd feeling knowing that you almost left this world. That there could potentially have been no more watching the run rise, the sunset. No more laughing, crying, no more building memories to reflect back to, and the list goes on and on.....

But you guys, I'm here. Imagine that. Through some pretty horrific odds, I'm here. The past five years have definitely been interesting. My entire thought process has been "get better " and "got to find a job". There's a problem though. Just getting better and finding a job is not that easy. Especially when your clueless as to what direction your life is going in now. Especially after a major, never saw it coming, accident.

I sorta had this life plan. Then the accident happened and everything changed. The life plan I had was altered. There had to be a new plan. A new goal. My heart was beating, so I knew that life wasn't over yet. It was now going to begin in an entirely different way. A new chapter.

So, the last five years have been trial and error. What can my body do, what can't it do (yet), what things need work in order to function properly, and what was I gonna do now? That's when public/motivational speaking flew in. It was up my alley. Think about it. I'm still performing, Im on a stage, only this time I'm playing myself. Easier said then done sometimes.

My life has been moving on this up and down roller coaster with no stops or place to pull into. Yet, that's all about to change. This gal is about to embark on a new adventure. The adventure I've been searching for and just couldn't find. But things are starting to become clearer. I've done the hard part. I worked on getting better and I still continue that. Though Im not in physical therapy as frequently, I'm still working towards my recovery. My body gets stronger everyday. Things are starting to wake up slowly more and more.

The hospital days are a thing of the past. Now the challenges of creating a new me, a new life is at the top of my list. Once again, I'm making progress.

I'm sharing this with you because I want/need you to come on this adventure with me. Good or bad, we'll definitely see. Plus, it makes things more exciting. You know......... venturing into the unknown with guns just a blazing? That's me, only my guns are the confidence Im striving for every day :)

So, I welcome you, the year, and every bump along the way to take a deep breath. We've made it this far. Might as well just keep moving forward :)




Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment