Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Expecting the unexpected

This morning at 8a.m  I'll be on MS Super Talk radio at 8a.m. I've done radio interviews before, but Im not gonna lie. I'm a little nervous. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. I had a professor once tell me, "it's good to have nerves. It's the minute you think you "have it", before you perform, well....that is the time when you need to worry the most". In other words, if you go into any situation thinking it will go perfect it usually doesn't. So, your nerves are a cushion to help you remain humble and up for anything. I may have paraphrased that a little incorrectly, but I think you guys get my drift.

"Expecting the unexpected". That is by far one of my favorite expressions, and something I preach often. Things happen, there is a hiccup in your plans, a delay on the way to an appointment , something gets canceled. The point is, sometimes things are out of our control. We can put such energy into expecting things going or happening a certain way, that when a monkey wrench is thrown into the equation, we're clueless as to what to do now. How will we go on? Well, not to worry. So there's a snag in your plans. Doesn't mean it will be a bad out come. That is unless you allow it to. Perhaps maybe whatever happened happened for some interesting reason.

I/we don't have a crystal ball, we can't tell the future, but we can embrace the "unexpected". I speak for myself when I say I embrace the unexpected. It's a reminder that things don't always go expected to plan. The main thing to know is that it isn't the end of the world when there is a ripple in our daily lives.

Breath, embrace, and carry on....

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment