Monday, February 20, 2012

How to "coast"

When I think of the coast, automatically the beach pops in my head. It's kinda of my own personal word association game. The word is coast, I think beach. Beach,sand. Sand, water. Water, relaxation.Which brings me to the word coasting.

You've heard the saying "coasting through life", which isn't necessarily a good thing. If refers to someone who doesn't improve themselves and has no goals.

However, in my world it can also have a good meaning.
 My definition of coasting through life-
doing good work, putting your best in all you do, keeping a cool head, positive attitude, turning stress away, and enjoying getting up in the morning. Thus, you coast with grace and ease.

Obviously, life isn't always smooth sailing. We'd all be bored if it was.  Though, when major obstacles are placed in front of you, will you tackle it from the beginning with the attitude that this will be terrible, long, and very tiring? Or, that you'll handle it with grace, make it through with your head held high, come out on top, so you can keep coasting?

I know my answer, what's yours?

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment