Monday, May 2, 2016

Prince: The rain is blue


My parents told me that when I was a baby, my favorite album, and the ONLY one that would get me to calm down, was Purple Rain by Prince.
 Even as a little kid, it was always "Put Pwince on Mommy! Play Pwince!!"

You know B.B King was right, right now, "the thrill is gone."

 It has taken me awhile to write this, but I'm ready. It isn't "two thousand zero zero", but sadly the party is over . However, it is 2016, and despite it all, we are gonna party like its 1999! And Prince is going strong.


Prince "PRINCE" Rogers Nelson was something next to spectacular. He was a musical genius and one phenomenal performer. Like most of the world, I've been shocked at the musical talent we have lost in the past year and this new one. But sometimes greatness is born into this world to make their mark. To get people together, spread their uniqueness far and wide, and once their job here on earth is done, they must leave.


Prince, you were an artist, a "slave", a symbol, an icon, a basketball player, a musician, and the list goes on and on. Thanks for making an impact in my life and so many others. My raspberry beret goes out to you.



Nicole


1 comment: