Monday, July 6, 2015

Gotta love that JEM!



I'm  going back to my childhood for this one. You'll see in some of my previous posts that I am and forever will be a fan of the 80s cartoon, Jem and the Holograms. In fact, while I was in the hospital I resorted to some of those old songs from the show. 

With all the craziness that's been going on around the country and all over the news, one of the songs from the cartoon popped in my head. In a frantic moment, I searched the internet to find the song and the lyrics. After a few minutes, bam! There is was:


We Can Change it

(We can change it) when the darkness enters in
(We can change it) and add some light
(We can change it) when the fears and doubts begin
(We can change it) and make it right

There is so much we can do (we can change it)
We can make it all like new (we can change it)
We can change it (re-arrange it)
And together (we will make it through)
We can change it!

(We can change it) though it seems we'll never win
(We can change it) and we'll be fine
(We can change it) we'll do it from within
(We can change it) and make it shine
We can change it!



So that's a snip it. You get it though, right? I mean, change is possible, especially if we work TOGETHER. 

Thank you to all illistrators/animators. Not every cartoon will possess a good moral in its story line. Yet, those that do...I thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment