Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Death? Destruction? Fear?....









"Think continually about what you want, not about the things you fear." #Fitness #Inspiration #Quote

Hello there!

Every morning, I have a small routine. I usual turn on the news and shuffle around, just getting my day started, and while doing so, I hear updates on the weather (which is what I'm usually listening for), and whatever else is going on in the world.

As I went to make myself breakfast this morning, the news blaring in the background, twice I stopped dead in my tracks due to what I was hearing. "Bombing here", "guy gets shot in broad daylight", "huge robbery here", "terrorist attack there", and so on and so on. It was just one thing after the other. Before I new it, I was reaching for the off button on the television to just shut off all the death and destruction. If only life had an on and off switch.

 Forget New Years Resolutions.. I'm starting now.

Bad things happen everyday. Sometimes they happen when we least expect it, and there is no shield to protect us from the craziness of the world. However, there is a ray of hope out there. My point is, amongst all the madness of the news, society, the world, find your own way through that jungle. I promise you, it's absolutely possible not to get swallowed by fear. Now, that doesn't mean go walk down a dark alley to prove a point, it just means to live your life knowing there isn't this huge shadow of fear following behind you or propped on your shoulder.

It's easy to turn off the noise of media "fear". Go ahead...try it ☺️

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment