Sunday, December 7, 2014

Red Carpet delight



This entry is dedicated to all who have a little glamor/ fancy bug inside them. I'm talking about, dressing up. The inner girl inside me enjoys getting dolled up, glitz-ed up, and feeling like Cinderella every now and then.

 Some girls/women enjoy getting in nice dresses, face fixed, and feeling fancy. Some men enjoy dressing in tuxes, looking sharp and debonaire. It doesn't happen everyday, but if the time and right occasion presents itself, or even if you just want to get fancy just because,  it's tons of fun.


A few years ago, I had the pleasure of attending the Endymion Ball in New Orleans with my best friend during Mardi gras. It's basically an upscale Mari Gras indoors. Everyone is in tuxes and formal gowns. Needless to say, it was fantastic in every way. Dressing up for a ball as a big kid is pretty cool. The pictures below prove it.


Again, there is an inner diva/dress up whore that lives inside of me. In other words, I'll get dolled up at the drop of a hat. Plus, you can find some of the best clothes for formal events at a goodwill or thrift store. However, wanting to expand a little bit, I visited the Red Carpet in New Orleans.


I feel when entering any business, to feel accepted and waited on right off the bat, and without any prejudice, is a sure fire win that that business is one I respect and want to spend my money in. It's nice to feel important regardless of appearance or my bank account.

Obviously I'm looking for a formal gown, and the two ladies working, Dawn and Kayla, were so eager and kind to help, even knowing up front, that I may not be walking away with a gown. The fact that they knew this, and that just putting a gown on me would make me feel pretty, was enough for them and for me.

So what began as a search for the perfect ball gown ended with a self esteem booster and fantastic day. Behold, the pictures don't lie:
 


Love it! Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment