Monday, August 13, 2012

Living in the moment

"Life is What You Make It..."

The funny thing is, I heard a joke begin with that sentence, though the ending wasn't very PC. But It got me thinking...life is what you make it. Some people choose to live their life in constant worry, "What if...and What about this...what if we don't get there on time...what if "this" doesn't happen?!?!?!" .A lot of time wasted in my opinion; constantly obsessed with the "what ifs". Or people who enjoy living in constant aggravation. You know, folks that think, "This is probably gonna take forever...I hate the holidays...why is she sooo like that...watch I'll get picked last again."
I could go on and on but you get the picture. The point is moments like these do exist. There are times that we have moments when we worry too much. Get aggravated to easily. Stay depressed or upset. But what we forget is, THIS TOO SHALL PASS. This very moment is not going to be forever...That is unless you want it to be...which is a poor decision in my opinion. And it is just that, a decision, your decision. We all know how to get out of a funk. We all have our own method. For some it's a five minute process. For others it can be an all day event bleeding into weeks or even months.
This is my method. I prefer finding the positive in my moments. I don't like dwelling in the unhappy moments. Like I said before, it's just time wasted. Time that I could be doing something exciting, something unbelievable, something fantastic, something that makes me smile. Oh and BTW I always believe you should smile, it looks good on you!
So find your moments and don't be afraid to LIVE each one. Try not to allow yourself to get stuck but to move forward. I guarantee there's a better moment right around the corner.

Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment