Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Why the cynicism?


Great reminder about relationships!  The dramatic attract drama, the cynic attracts negativity, the considerate attracts kindness... 

Hello! 

Well, last Monday was my birthday. That's right! I've never really expected 
much when it comes to my birthday, but I have to say, this birthday was in fact a really good birthday. One, I got an outpouring of birthday well wishes on Facebook from friends, family, and strangers. There was a lot of love I received from my family, and to top it off, I got some surprise happy birthday cards and kindness.
All completely unexpected and appreciated.

Throughout the last 10 years or so, I've never really wanted to make a big deal on my birthday. Perhaps over the years I became a little jaded by it, and many friends I know, have always been a little cynical about birthdays. So, with those two factors, I have instinctually just gone with the flow. However, last Monday, I was just taken back by all the kindness I recieved, especially knowing that it was completely genuine, my heart was touched.

I'll admit, I felt warm, happy, and blessed...and it felt good. Which got me thinking, its a birthday. Yeah, sometimes they can be ruff, but also, they can be one very great day. It is a day for you! Here you are,  living life, seeing another day and ready to live another year. That right there is something to celebrate. If you choose to be jaded or cynical about it, then that is on YOU. But for what? To be in a bad mood? I don't see why, but so be it.

Time, life, and birthdays are to short to be treated poorly. Cynicism is something that will control and consume you and that happy feeling you might be experiencing. So perhaps you should shove those bad thoughts and attitude to the side ang just enjoy.

Again...just enjoy..

Nicole


No comments:

Post a Comment